Monday, January 24, 2011

Yay! I'm finally back for an update!

Well...I can't believe my last posts were all the way back from November. It's been a while since I've taken the time to sit down and update you all. We finally got moved into our new house in December, but in the process broke two computer screens (which somewhat explains the delay in me posting). We also went home for a week around Christmas. Then, I got sick (which was hubby's fault of course). And once I got better I started up work, volunteering at the church, and I've recently been elected secretary of our local ESC chapter (Enlisted Spouses Club). So...you can probably see that things have been quite busy. I will definitely try to post more regularly (i.e. at least once or twice a week...if not more). 

As for the crafty side of things...I finally got my scrap-room under control. I'm starting a couple of new projects and I'll try to keep you posted on my progress. One I'm really excited about involves my sewing machine, which I've just unearthed from the pile of things it has been hiding beneath for the past month or two. I'm hoping to start a quilt and finish up a diaper bag that I had started a few months back. My husband also put together a scrapbook table organizing system. It has (from top to bottom) a card/project display wire line, movable shelves, a metal ribbon rod, an IKEA magnetic strip, and an IKEA rod with hanging ceramic containers and a basket for other scrapbooking accessories.


Here are few of the cards / projects I've been working on lately. I've been experimenting with new techniques, textures, and layouts...and I know I'm quite a ways from perfection, but at least I'm having fun in the process.



 Just a simple birthday card. Notice how the colored center circle corresponds to the pink background. So where it says "fami" on the colored circle it finishes the "ly" on the pink background. 


 This is definitely my favorite card this month. This valentines card is not my typical style of card at all, but I really wanted to challenge myself to use multiple patterns and colors. I hope you like it as much as I do!

This is a card I made using my new stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps. I love how you can interchange the items that fit in the basket! I could have used apples, flowers, snowflakes, acorns, anything!



 This is an unconventional Valentines Day card I made recently. I wanted to try a new ribbon technique, but man...it was such a pain!
 The idea for this card had been brewing for quite a while and I must say...honestly...I'm kind of disappointed. I even considered not posting it. What do you think? 



 This "tree-mendous" card was also made using a stamp set from Clear Dollar Stamps. I just felt like experimenting with textures and patterns on this card and it turned out fairly well!

 This card was made using a Hero Arts stamp set. I just love the clothesline idea and thought I would play around with it. This was also my first time using Glossy Accents, a clear liquid that when applied hardens and adds sheen and a raised texture to your scrap projects. I added it to the dark purple edging on the dress and the button of the pants.
AND the final project....This is a cute paper bag that I made to hold some yummy treats and a note. I also added some antique buttons that I've threaded with small strips of cardstock to complete the look. I hope you enjoy all the projects. I'll try to keep you up to date with things from here on out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment