Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Fresh Beginning

Well...this is my second attempt at starting and remaining faithful to a blog. I guess we'll see how long it takes for me to neglect it! So, for introductions sake, I'm Sarah and I'm a 22 year old who loves to spend time in God's word, scrapbook/make cards, sew, bake/cook, run, bike, rock climb, hike, and read good books... I've been married for a little over 3 years and no, I do not have kids....yet. :) My desire for this blog is to chronicle my life adventures (whether outside, in my kitchen, or at my craft table) and to share my everyday moments of joy and sorrow. And I hope you enjoy reading it!

My latest endeavors have been focused on several sets of baby invitations. Several friends had asked me to make invitations for their baby showers after seeing my homemade cards on facebook. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I said "sure!" Each set took at least a week to finish - partly because of my other responsibilities (i.e. finishing college and keeping the house in working order), but I finally finished the last set a couple of days ago.




This is the template for the last set of invites. They are fabric-covered, postcard style invites with the baby's monogram on the front and the party information on the back. I must say, this was a great idea for a mass-production invites. Although simple, the invites were affordable and very easy to make!

Wow - this post is very depressing! My husband and I are moving in less than 2 weeks and I just packed up all my scrapbooking stuff (over 3 huge bins worth!). So, it looks like I won't be scrapping for at least a few weeks....sad news. On the other hand, I am looking forward to a very eventful week, but that will have to wait for another post! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment