Monday, May 16, 2011

Four Cards, a Sewing Project, and One Wet Dog

Here's another quick update. I've been feeling quite crafty lately as the following pictures will attest. But first...I have a quick question (and please comment below!). When you read a blog, do you prefer to have the text describing the pictures below or above the pictures? I've seen it both ways and I think I prefer to put it prior (as in this post) versus after the picture (as in the "Chicken and Coop Update" post) - but I would like to know what you think!

Now on to the cards...Here's a card I made using my new heart-shaped punch.


And a close-up of the heart balloons...


Here's a card I made using a new digi stamp from Tiddly Inks. I used colored pencils and then blended with Gamsol (by Inky Antics). Although the colored pencil colors aren't as bright as Copic markers, the Gamsol blending technique is very cheap (~$6) and does a great job!


Here's another quick card. I'm not entirely happy with the way it turned out, but I wanted to use a new stamp set that I had gotten from Hobby Lobby.



Here's the last card. I love this cute digi stamp from Tiddly Inks.


I also added stickles to several of the hearts and glossy accents to the owl's eyes 
for an extra bit of craftiness. :)



Here's my current sewing project (as it's not quite finished). I had decided to make a bible cover for my mother-in-law (Kay) and after finally picking out fabric together, I set myself to the task. I found a free online tutorial on a blog called "Amy's Creative Side." Sorry for the crappy pictures - I was in a hurry to email them to Kay.


Here's a close-up of the quilting I did on the outside of the bible cover.


And here's the unfinished part. I need to remove the white patterned inside pocket and replace with a different color of fabric. After that, I'm finished!


As the title of this post points out...now it's time to share about "One Wet Dog." After spending the day shopping out of town on Saturday, I came home to a house that reeked of wet, poopy dog (...yes...poopy). While I was gone, Aaron decided to take Edmund, our 3 year old Great Pyrenees, and meet up with some friends and their dogs at a nearby lake. And apparently Edmund poops when he gets overly excited. Can you see where this picture is headed?! 

Yup, Edmund took a dump in the backseat of my car (because I had taken the truck for the day). Although Aaron cleaned up the mess, Edmund still smelled of poop and of the lake, which they still visited. I decided I couldn't bare it and we ended up giving Ed a shower in our bathroom. Haha...I think the pictures can take it from here:





Phew! That was a lot to post in one day. I hope you all feel caught up now! I'll try to post again two or three times this week (since work is lightening up). Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment