Tuesday, October 26, 2010

More Cards!

 I apologize for not posting over the weekend as promised. I've been sick, which is no excuse...but I haven't really felt up to posting anything. I've made several cards since my last post and I will try to get as many of them up today. I absolutely love this Christmas vintage red and cream background by Graphic 45. As you can see, I used it in more than one Christmas card!



This next card was inspired by a cup of hot chocolate. :) I used snowflake vellum laid over creamy-white cardstock to create the steam. You may be able to see the details better in the up-close shots.



The next card is inspired by Vanessa Menhorn's gingerbread man tag, which was published on page 87 of PaperCraft's 2010 Holiday Cards magazine. I did not have a white gel pen to do the faux stitching, so I improvised with a white out pen. Although the stitches aren't cleanly done, I absolutely love the vintage buttons. I found loads of buttons while antique shopping in Spokane and was finally able to use a few of them! I threaded the button holes with thin slices of colored cardstock for an added effect. This definitely is one of my favorite cards this year!




 I know this next card will look familiar to some of you. I've made Christmas cards with this stamp set before. In fact, it was one of the first Christmas stamp sets I ever bought. BUT....I found some new sparkly red Rudolph noses at Hobby Lobby and I HAD to try another card!



 I thought I could also use the red sparkly balls as ornaments on a Christmas tree...hence the following card. I used a gold paint pen - that I received last Christmas - to color a few of the ornaments and give the tree a bit more color. And fyi...I had the HARDEST time working with the "merry and bright" sentiment and its curvy backdrop.



And here would be the last Christmas card of today's post... I know, mom, that you've already seen this one, but I had to post it for everyone else. This card was inspired by youtube user "vadeler" and I think the video was called "Strawberry Surprise" or something like that. Anyway, I used the similar techniques and her card layout to create this Christmas star and bible verse card.



Wow! That was a lot of cards! I hope you enjoyed viewing them as much as I enjoyed making them. :) Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment